Setting up your own business can be an exciting time. Before you start, save yourself time and money by being aware of what’s involved in running a business.
Investing time into proper planning is key to turning your dreams into reality. Operating a small business is not just about working for yourself or working from home, it’s also about having the necessary management skills, industry expertise, technical skills, finance and of course a long-term vision to grow and succeed. The Australian Government provide a helpful website for most issues to do with starting your business – visit Australian Government Business – Starting a Business.
As your trusted adviser we can help you with:
- Business planning, including cashflow plans
- Business valuation and due diligence processes
- Finance and Insurance options
- Choosing an appropriate business structure (refer to Business Structure link below for more details)
- Bookkeeping software and processes
- ATO and ASIC registrations such as Australian Business Number (ABN), GST, PAYG Withholding, Fuel Tax Credit, Fringe Benefits Tax, Australian Company Number (ACN), Business name.